Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 SP1 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit
- Mac OS X El Capitan, macOS Sierra
Please note: Wirecast 7 does not support OS X Yosemite or previous versions of OS X
- Requires internet connectivity with HTTP/HTTPS port 80, and RTMP port 1935 open for streaming, Remote Desktop Presenter requires opening port 7272.
- An internet connection is recommended for Wirecast 7.0 license activation.
- For lowest quality (240p) streaming an upload rate of at least 650Kbps is required.
- 720p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 2500 Kbps.
- 1080p streaming requires an upload rate of at least 4500 Kbps.
- Wirecast Cam requires iOS 8 or later.
- Consider lowering your canvas frame rate and/or streaming resolution to lower CPU usage.
- It is recommended that an upload rate of at least double the desired rate be available.
- Solid State Drive or fast RAID array recommended for ISO Recording and Replay functionality. Actual data rates will vary depending on quality level selected for ProRes (Mac OS X) or MJPEG recording (Windows), as well as the resolution and frame rate selected.
- For Mac OS X ProRes recording please refer to Apple’s ProRes data rate specifications
- Windows MJPEG Best Quality Guidelines (Megabytes per second):
◊ 1080i and 1080p 29.97 and 30 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~25MB/sec
◊ 1080p 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~50 MB/sec
◊ 720p 59.94 and 60 FPS, MJPEG Best Quality – ~20 MB/sec
Recommended Hardware Specifications
- Intel Core i3 CPU @ 1.7 Ghz or higher recommended for 540p streaming with x264 @ 30 fps.
- Intel Core i5 CPU @ 2.5 Ghz or higher recommended for 720p streaming with x264 @ 30 fps.
- Intel Core i7 CPU @ 3.0Ghz or higher recommended for 1080p streaming with x264 @ 30fps.
Note: 60 FPS streaming will result in increased CPU usage and a high bit rate (4Mbps or higher) for good quality.
- Intel HD, NVIDIA GeForce, or AMD Radeon class graphics adapter that are both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 capable.
- Minimum 4GB RAM, 2GB free hard disk space. Additional hard disk space required for recording to disk.
Hardware accelerated encoding requirements
- Intel Quick Sync Video encoding requires an Intel CPU with an Intel® QuickSync Video core. List of Intel CPUs supporting QuickSync →
- NVIDIA NVENC encoding requires an nvidia GPU with Kepler architecture or newer. NVIDIA only maintains a general list of supported GPUs →
- Apple Hardware Accelerated H.264 encoding requires a Mac with an integrated Intel GPU.
Operating System Specifications
Wirecast Gear is pre-installed with Windows 10 OS. Please see the Microsoft web site for specifications.
Wirecast Gear ships with the Windows operating system set to check for and automatically install system updates.
- Wirecast 7 Pro
- Switch 3 Plus
- NewBlueFX Titler Live Standard, Advance NDI, or Ultimate (version depends on Wirecast Gear model number)
- Processor - i7 Intel® Core™ Processor
- Memory - DDR4 Dual Channel Memory
- System Drive - M.2 SATA System Drive
- Storage Drive(s) - High speed SATA 6Gb/s SSD (single or dual, depending on model)
- Video Ingest - 4-channel professional camera inputs with HDMI or SDI models available
- Motherboard features
- Intel® USB 3.0 with USB Type-C™
- 802.11ac 867 Mbps dual band wireless (inc antenna) + BLUETOOTH 4.2
- 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
- Dual Intel® GbE LAN RJ45
- PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse Port
- USB 3.0 Ports - 4 rear/2 front
- Display outputs - DVI-D, dual HDMI
- Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo
- Power Supply: AC input, auto-sensing, suitable for most countries worldwide
- Input Range: 90 ~ 264Vac (RMS), Full Range Input
- Frequency: 47 ~ 63Hz
- Input Current: Max 6A (RMS) @ 115Vac, 3A (RMS) @ 230Va
- Dimensions: 16.95" x 9.85" x 2.25"
- Fits a Pelican 1510.
- Fits a standard 19" rack configuration. Takes up 1.3U spaces.